Full Metal Alchemist's New Trailer and Poster

FMA live action has just released a new trailer and new theatrical posters. This was unveiled at a fan event held in Tokyo last 12 July.

For you guys out there, check out the latest trailer below :


Full Metal Alchemist (FMA) is a manga by Hiromu Arakawa, and is a story about two brothers, Edward (Ryosuke Yamada) and Alphonse Elric, who used the forbidden spell to resurrect their mother, as a result, one brother lost his body and the other lost an arm. A few years later, they set out to become alchemists and find ways to reverse the curse.

I am so far liking the animation of the movie. Kudos to their vfx team, pulling out an FMA live action is not an easy task ( Nor are the other animation/vfx out there). Al's CGI is very realistic to the how Arakawa-sensei had envisioned Alphonse to be.

However, I am still not convinced that Ryosuke Yamada should be Edward Elric. I just hope that his performance here would prove me wrong. ( Hope he can learn a thing or two from his fellow Hey Say Jump band member, Yuri Chinen). Winry Bell still lack the pizzazz and spunk, and I find that the actress who portrayed her was fairly lacking in a lot of ways. Dean Fujioka as Mustang might have a hope and the guy playing Maes Hughes, Ryuta Sato. I hope they did justice to the characters (esp. Maes Hughes)

From the trailer, we can deduce that they'll cover one of the poignant scenes in Full Metal Alchemist, the Tucker arc. It's that one episode (episode 4) that made me seriously watched the series and gave me hope that this series was something worthwhile. I hope they will not just brush off this arc and make it known to the world that this series is worth its live action adaptation ( I do hope it does not disappoint).

Update: Having watched the movie in Netflix, the overall look and feel was there, just that the emotions weren't conveyed, actors couldn't act. The story line wasn't too great (as they crammed a lot into 1 film). I had to watch it again because I had fallen asleep at some parts of the movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guide to Terminating NTUC Membership (SG)

How To Apply Canadian Tourist Visa in Singapore

How to Apply for a Schengen Visa (in Singapore)