90th Annual Academy Awards - My fearless forecast (Edited)

It has been a tradition of mine to have some forecast of who I think might win for the Academy Awards. This year is no different from any other year. I do this for fun.

Not even looking at what the pundits are betting on.. but here goes nothing, my fearless forecast.. 



Best Picture -  Shape of water (WIN) - My Forecast: "Get Out" 

 Nominees: “Call Me by Your Name,” “Darkest Hour,” “Dunkirk,” “Get Out,” “Lady Bird,” “Phantom Thread,” “The Post,” “The Shape of Water,”

Best Actor - Hands down, Gary Oldman , The Darkest Hour (WIN)- I didn't even notice that it's him underneath. It was as if he was truly immersed in his character. 

Nominees: Timothée Chalamet, “Call Me by Your Name”; Daniel Day-Lewis, “Phantom Thread”; Daniel Kaluuya, “Get Out”; Gary Oldman, “Darkest Hour”; Denzel Washington, “Roman J. Israel, Esq.”

Best Actress - Frances McDormand, "Three Billboards" (WIN) My Forecast: Margot Robbie, I, Tonya - the role was certainly something that is quite 
Nominees: Sally Hawkins, “The Shape of Water”; Frances McDormand, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”; Margot Robbie, “I, Tonya”; Saoirse Ronan, “Lady Bird”; Meryl Streep, “The Post”

Best Song - Am torn with Greatest Showman "This is Me" and "Remember Me", but I guess, I'll give it to Disney, Remember Me (WIN)
Nominees: “Mighty River” from “Mudbound,” Mary J. Blige; “Mystery of Love” from “Call Me by Your Name,” Sufjan Stevens; “Remember Me” from “Coco,” Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Robert Lopez; “Stand Up for Something” from “Marshall,” Diane Warren, Common; “This Is Me” from “The Greatest Showman,” Benj Pasek, Justin Paul

Best Animation - Coco (WIN) - No doubt about it. 
Nominees: “The Boss Baby," “The Breadwinner," "Coco," “Ferdinand,” “Loving Vincent” 

Best Supporting Actress -  Allison Janney, I Tonya (WIN)
Nominees: Mary J. Blige, “Mudbound”; Allison Janney, “I, Tonya”; Lesley Manville, “Phantom Thread”; Laurie Metcalf, “Lady Bird”; Octavia Spencer, “The Shape of Water”

Best Supporting Actor -  Sam Rockwell (WIN)- Just because.

Nominees: Willem Dafoe, “The Florida Project”; Woody Harrelson, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”; Richard Jenkins, “The Shape of Water”; Christopher Plummer, “All the Money in the World”; Sam Rockwell, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”

Best Director - Guillermo del Toro, Shape of Water (WIN) - Sorry , Mr. Nolan. 
Nominees: Christopher Nolan, “Dunkirk'; Jordan Peel, “Get Out”; Greta Gerwig, “Lady Bird”; Paul Thomas Anderson, "Phantom Thread”; Guillermo del Toro, "The Shape of Water" 

Best Adapted Screenplay - Call me by your name (WIN) - My Forecast - Logan - The story is begging for it.

Nominees: “Call Me by Your Name,” James Ivory; “The Disaster Artist,” Scott Neustadter & Michael H. Weber; “Logan,” Scott Frank & James Mangold and Michael Green; “Molly’s Game,” Aaron Sorkin; “Mudbound,” Virgil Williams and Dee Rees

Best Original Screenplay - Jordan Peele, "Get Out" (WIN) - Shape of Water - It was quite surreal and something different. 
Nominees: “The Big Sick,” Emily V. Gordon & Kumail Nanjiani; “Get Out,” Jordan Peele; “Lady Bird,” Greta Gerwig; “The Shape of Water,” Guillermo del Toro, Vanessa Taylor; “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri,” Martin McDonagh

Best Cinematography - Blade Runner 2049 (WIN)
Best in Costume Design  - Phantom Thread (WIN) - My Forecast: Beauty and the Beast 
Best Documentary ( Feature) - I saw 2 titles in Netflix . hmm - Icarus (WIN)
Best Documentary (Short) - “Heaven Is a Traffic Jam on the 405,” Frank Stiefel (WIN) My Forecast: Edith + Eddie 
Best in Film Editing - Dunkirk (WIN)- My Forecast: Shape of Water  
Best Foreign Language - A fantastic woman (Chile) (WIN) - My Forecast: On body and Soul ( hungary)
Best Makeup Hairstyling - The Darkest Hour (WIN)
Best Music (original score) - Alexandre Desplat, Shape of water (WIN)
Best Production Design - Shape of water (WIN) - My Forecast: Beauty and the Beast ( I Think I wanted Beauty and the beast to badly win) 
Best Short Film - Dear Basketball (WIN)
Best Short Film (live action) -  Silent Child (WIN)
Best Sound Editing - Dunkirk (WIN) - My Forecast: Shape of water 
Best Visual Effects - Blade Runner 2049 (WIN)- My Forecast: Guardians of the Galaxy ( I should pop up Blade Runner as my next movie to watch)

Roughly, this is about it. Good luck to the nominees! May the odds be ever in your favor! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guide to Terminating NTUC Membership (SG)

How To Apply Canadian Tourist Visa in Singapore

How to Apply for a Schengen Visa (in Singapore)