Taiwan Itinerary 2018: Day 3 - Taipei 101, Elephant Mountain and The Concert!

Day 03 "Free Day"

I was supposed to meet up a friend but plans changed so I ended up going to the city alone. I was thinking of going through the Daan Forest Park first since it was on the same line as the Convention centre area. (Tamsui Line).

Daan Park
From the main line in Taipei Main station switch to the red line (Tamsui Line) and alight at Daan Park station.



The park is not that hard to find, exit the station, and you'll get to see this view.


I spent some 30 minutes around the area.  At the centre of the park, you'll get to see the Daan park mascot.


I also head out to the "lake" where I found some ducks and swans swimming in the lake. It was quite nice to see a forested area near the bustling city.



Since I still have some time to spare before the concert proper, I decided that I would go to Elephant Mountain. Exit 2 of 象山 mrt station  ( The last station at the Tamsui line). There are signs to go to the Elephant Mountain (so you won't be lost).
How to go: Take Exit 2, walk south straight until you reach the end of the junction, turn left, until you see the sign that goes to Elephant Mountain ( a lot of people are going there, so you wont really be lost)





 This is the view you'll get after climbing the stairs ( not all have ledges)


If you want to go up further and see the "Rock" at elephant mountain, you need to climb another flight of stairs. 



and see the "Rock" with Taipei 101 on the background.. 


From Elephant Mountain, I decided to head back to Taipei 101. Taipei 101 was such a visible structure that you can literally go there from Elephant Mountain. I was disoriented and tired that I did not know where I was going. from the bottom of the stairs, I took the path that was facing me. I remember not going through this path. I just walk straight till I hit the main road. I saw 7-11 so I stopped by to change, buy drinks and rest for awhile. I use Google map to reorient myself and to take me to Taipei 101.  It was a walk of 600m to go to Taipei 101 from where I was.



 I went to the direction of Taipei 101. The concert was near to that area so I focused on going to that direction.
 I knew I was reaching soon when I saw these ...
and of course the famous landmark, Taipei 101 .... 

This was at the front of Taipei 101 ..

The famous LOVE sign in front of Taipei 101

I decided to eat at ATT4Fun which was just beside Taipei 101. I ate and shop there and left the place at around 4.45pm just in time to go to the venue. As I was still unfamiliar with the terrain, I used Google map to get me to the concert venue

This is near ATT4Fun


I passed by Grand Hyatt Hotel and some park .. 

and finally I reached my destination, I still have some time before the concert... 






 After the concert, we decided to grab some bite at the nearby night market (寧夏夜市) We stopped at 双連 mrt station for ningxia night market (exit 1, turn left, follow google map) .






Since we weren't peckish, we just ate a few of these snacks at the night market.. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guide to Terminating NTUC Membership (SG)

How To Apply Canadian Tourist Visa in Singapore

How to Apply for a Schengen Visa (in Singapore)