Taiwan Itinerary 2018: Day 4 - Buying Pineapple Tarts and then some

Day 4: "Search for the nicest pineapple tarts
Our breakfast was anything that we can grab hold off at Banqiao Station (given that the shop did not open early)...




and off we go to search for Taiwan's best pineapple tart. *Cue The Voice background music*

We took a cab down from Banqiao station to Pan's Cake. The distance was quite near.  There was already an ongoing queue inside the bakery ( as this was a known bakery patronized by the locals). We bought a couple and cab down back to our hotel.

Our next stop is the famous Chia Te pineapple tarts. I have to admit, I am biased. The pineapple tarts, raspberry, walnut, aren't that bad, and some of their pastry too like the Milk bread (albeit this was too messy to eat).
Directions:  Take MTR to Nanjing Sanmin Station. Chia Te should be at the exit on your left.





From Chia Te, we took a cab to our last pineapple tart shop, which was at Sunny Hills. They provided a free sampling of the tarts at their place. I find that their pineapple tarts are chewy and dry. I bought their pineapple juice, which is nothing from a real pineapple juice. (That sucks)


We decided to stop by at the local grocery chain for some food shopping before heading back to our hotel.

At 15:00,  we headed down to taipei main station ( Y zone ) and Q Square Mall, and the Taipei city mall (to get Sugar Spice Nougat)
At B3 of Q square mall,  you can find sugar spice (though we ended up just getting the nougat).




Note to self: It takes a long walk to go to taipei airport mrt line from taipei main station. Better find other stations along the airport line for hotels.

At 20:00,  I decided to go to Banqiao Nanya Night Market, while my friends rested for the day.

Directions: Take Exit 1 from Fuzhong station. Head south till you hit the intersection. Turn left, and walk straight till you hit another junction. Walk to the direction of the night market. ( There's watson, 85C cafe, as you walk over to the night market)

As I was full from dinner, I couldn't bring myself to eat anything from the night market. I just spent my time browsing and shopping for goods that I can find. They were still at market prices and are way cheaper than the things you would find in Singapore.









and this capped my last night in Taipei..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guide to Terminating NTUC Membership (SG)

How To Apply Canadian Tourist Visa in Singapore

How to Apply for a Schengen Visa (in Singapore)